[Wine] Re: Portal sound doesn't work

Emmental wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 23 03:09:55 CDT 2010

I've been having the same problem, though I haven't bothered trying a reboot as I've found a way to get the sound to work:

In the Wine config screen, change the Hardware Acceleration setting at the bottom of the audio tab from Full to Emulation. This should work without requiring a reboot.

Occasionally the sound will stutter or stick for a few seconds when starting up and starting a new game but after that it seems mostly OK, with just the occasional stutter. For the record, my sound driver setting in Wine is ALSA.

I didn't need to use the -snd_openal setting to get it to work but using it does seem to reduce stuttering further.