[Wine] Wine 1.2 rc1

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon May 24 00:10:50 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 19:41, lfchisholm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thank you Gert
> perhaps I should wait a couple of weeks as wine should release a new version on June 8th and Fedora will be on final 13 release.
> Larry

The Fedora packages does seem out of date...

Compiling Wine is not so hard once you've got all the packages
installed (If you are running 64-bit Fedora, note that there is a
separate page with instructions for 64-bit Linux...)

You basically need to install lots of -devel packages... (I'm not
running fedora, the Wiki (linked in previous post) is probably a much
better source as to which ones..)

Once that is installed, it should compile quite easily... (I prefer to
skip "make install" and to run Wine directly from where it was
compiled...)

Also, when compiling Wine, it might be worth figuring out how to get
the source from git, since it allows you to test a up-to-the-minute
version of Wine (and the downloads for upgrades are smaller.) There is
a wiki page with some information (GitWine AFAIK). (For the first few
times, I would stick to the tar downloads...)

Gert