[Wine] How can I install Wine on a computer without internet access

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon May 24 14:52:45 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 20:27, desconocido <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Jim Hall wrote:
>> If you don't (or can't) connect this comp to the
>> internet, you might be able to connect it to another comp that is connected,
>> even temporarily, and use it like a server with every possible security
>> feature active.
>

> Thanks, but the computer is in a location where access to the Internet is not allowed. Also, the computer can not be moved.

Many package management systems have an option to generate a list of
URLs with files needed to update it / install packages...

Debian stable (with its about 100000 DVD's / CDs) have all packages
available on its CDs / DVDs, but downloading them is a mission

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Offline might help for your
ubuntu issues...

apt-get --print-uris should be able to do this... The exact place to
copy / extract the files you should see on the page linked above / ask
on the Ubuntu forums...

My guess of the process: (You probably want to add the key and
repository to your souces .list, run apt-get --print-uris update to
get URLs for repositories, get it on the offline PC, eun apt-get
--print-uris install wine to get URLs for packes and where to copy
them and the actually install the packages (with apt-get install wine
after the files have been copied to the right place..))

Tip: Ask you distribution for OS related questions... The Wine
community runs several distributions and most of those are not the
same as yours..

Gert