[Wine] Can't load MhTab.ocx

ozzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 25 19:45:08 CDT 2010

I'm trying to run a client program written I suspect in Visual Studio that's designed to connect to an MSSQL database on another system.

The computer I'm trying to run it on has no internet access, to install wine I set up a virtualbox system with a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04, selected to install all the updates and wine in Synaptic, and hit "gen package download script". I then did a fresh install of ubuntu onto the "client" computer, and used dpkg to install the updates and wine.

First thing I needed to install the software was MDAC, so I downloaded and installed MDAC 2.8 (I think), installed without issue. Now I'm getting an error trying to register MhTab.ocx (which I think is installed by the software) while running the installshield installer. Somewhere in my googling I found that 'wine regsvr32 MhTab.ocx" might do the trick, so I tried that. First time I did it I got an error "Failed to load DLL MhTab.ocx", and it deleted the file. Attempting to reinstall the software didn't re-copy the file, so I copied it off the server, running windows 2000. I'm still getting the error, but at least the file stays. Anyone know how to get past this? And are there any additional components I'm going to need to install to get this working?