[Wine] Vectorworks 2010 almost working

consta wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 26 05:07:02 CDT 2010

Hi all!

I'm trying to get the cadprogram Vectorworks 2010 (VW) run with Wine. So far I have succeed in getting the program installed and to start up with a plain Wine installation in PClinuxOS 2010. To get the toolboxes and everything look normal I had to install GDI+ (gdiplus) via Winetricks.

However the drawing area is still messed up after this even if the toolboxes look fine. On one computer with an ATI Radeon HD 4550 graphic card the drawing area is showing a colorful noisy pixel view (hard to explain), and on my Laptop with an ATI X1200 graphic card the drawing area is black. Even if I can't see what I´m drawing it´s possible to draw lines etc and save the file, the object are there when I open the file with VW in Windows.

I have seen that VW 2008 got gold status after installing GDI+. After that the 3D modeling engine has changed in VW2009 to Parasolid 3D modeling kernel built by Siemens PLM. I don't know if this can have something to do with the problem....

So as far as I can see VW should work if I only got the drawing area fixed. So has anyone suggestions on how to fix this?  [Rolling Eyes]