[Wine] Homeworld 2 will not launch

Hruntio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 26 12:28:03 CDT 2010

With Wine 1.2-rc1 I am trying to run Homeworld 2 1.1. I have configured Wine to use NT 4.0, as this is the only way to get the copy protection to work. I have successfully run the game once, but prior and since it simply spins up the CD and then exits. The only message from a run with no extra command line parameters or variables is this:

Code:
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)

However, I got that when it actually ran too.

I haven't been able to determine what was different when it ran that one time, and the lack of errors is frustrating. Any suggestions?