[Wine] Can WINE read and work a .msi installation?

flyfishingphil wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 26 17:48:18 CDT 2010

Brand new to all of this so bear with me if you would please.

Just dropped away from Windough$ and got into Ubuntu 9.10 (tried 10.04 but lots of complications) and tried to do a couple of things in WINE, but to no avail.

One that I tried was installing the PC Suite for my Sony Ericsson W760i. It would get about halfway into the install then stop, flash an error screen and tell me to try again later. (Works fine in Win XP)

Would that problem be because PC Suite uses a .msi file for installation and, if so, would there be a way get WINE to work with that .msi file or get the PC Suite installed in WINE some other way?

Thanks for helping.