[Wine] Re: Trying to Get EMBIRD32 Working Under Wine

oldefoxx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 26 22:36:23 CDT 2010

Guess you did not pick up on the fact that trying to run the instller, it fails with a number of erros involving trying to register classes and stuff in the
Registry.  So it bombs with errors, and does not finish.

I worked out that wine 1.2 sets up shop for itself under /home/[userID]/,wine, but with several folders and a virtual C drive of its own.   Now VirtualBox lets the guest OS see and treat shared folders fom the host, and I was able to use shared folders as a way to get the /Embird32 folder copied over to the virtual drive.  But I was not certain of where to put it.  And after that, I did not know how to get wine to let me run EMBIRD32.EXE as an esecutable.  Each time I tried, it died with multiple errosr reported.

So what should I do that I haven;t done yet?  Oh, as to configuring wine,
I see nothing there to guide me.

So I figured others just know more than I do, so let's see if some help is available..