[Wine] using win and direct x

Czar Brodie atdbrodie at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 27 05:46:09 CDT 2010

hello,
i read the old post:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2009-June/054779.html

after finding the link on a search.

i am the programmer of ad-infinitum project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ad-infinitum/

and the queries of running the (developing) game on Win interest me. I do not have Win but took the comments of a user who ran the game under win on face value and listed as OK on Win

reading the error message the problem may be linked with my use of fake "fake" back buffers. I used code to create 2 buffers that do not try to store in memory in graphics hardware. thought this would be safer at the time. This may be the problem the user posted about. if not it may relate to the manual editing necessary to configure the screen size. this is found in the  input.txt file and the values:

screen_x: 1024
screen_y: 768

should be changed (and saved) to your usual screen size. e.g.:

screen_x: 800

screen_y: 600

if i find that the game is not supported by win i may create a version that does not have back buffers for future testing, or remove win as a usable platform.

note the dirext x setup, and buffer set to #define BUFFERS 2, code is found in the Unit1.cpp of the code file of the project

yours ever,

BrodieBrodie