[Wine] Vectorworks 2010 almost working

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu May 27 08:44:23 CDT 2010

On 2010-05-27 (May, Thursday) 12:09:21 consta wrote:
> No, I�m not sure if it�s a Wine bug, I only know there is a problem.

	Since you have different behavior with different ATI cards on two different
computers this alone *suggests* driver problem. It is unlikely (but
theoretically possible) that bug in Wine can do this - therefore buggy ATI
driver is a more likely cause. To be honest, when you are on Linux with ATI
card - it almost always gives some problems (but as I said before even on
Windows it can give problems in some professional CAD applications).

	If you want to use Linux with 3D (or advanced 2D) applications you really
should have NVidia card. Some people think that ATI will make its driver as
good as NVidia' one someday but unfortunately I really don't see it happening
any time soon: currently it have much more bugs than NVidia driver.