[Wine] Re: Get Empia webcam to work with Wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 27 08:57:22 CDT 2010

Paleoethnobotanist wrote:
> OK, how do I get this camera to work?

Hardware needs to work in the host OS for Wine to use it, so any problems with the image would have to be solved at that level. Your webcam seems to be a uvc one. Have you tried configuring it in Linux with luvcview?

I'm also not sure that your software would be able to access the camera from Wine even if you got the Linux drivers working. Support for USB devices in Wine is very limited. (I've never tried, so I really don't know.)

It's unfortunate you haven't gotten a response on the Ubuntu forum, because that's where you should be getting help with this. You might try a general Linux forum, such as http://www.linuxquestions.org/