[Wine] Re: Get Empia webcam to work with Wine

Paleoethnobotanist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 27 09:16:34 CDT 2010

luvcview doesn't work on my system... it crashes with "Init V4L2 failed!! exit fatal".

Cheese works fine at low resolutions (below 640x480), but the pictures are scrambled and useless at higher resolutions.  I also get a scrambled picture in Kamoso and VLC.

It is a UVC type, but everything I've tried to force it to use the proper resolution has failed.  I don't know who the idiots were who came up with the crazy resolutions for this webcam (like I mentioned - 1024x816 instead of 1024x768), but they cannot seem to be changed to ones that actually work.  They aren't the resolutions that this camera is designed for- and not what works in Windows (uggh!)  I also haven't been able to figure out where a configuration file might be where I could go in and edit it- and FORCE the webcam driver/software to the correct resolution.  I've been fighting with it for a few days now.

I understand that the generic "Smart Tee" will probably work with this camera, but it's not been implemented in Wine yet.