[Wine] Re: Trying to Get EMBIRD32 Working Under Wine

oldefoxx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 27 16:19:13 CDT 2010

Look, I apologize for getting a bit upset, but I didn't even know that after transferring the EMBIRD32 folder and contents to some place in .wine, I had tgo relate EMBIRD.EXE to wine by using the right moust button and picking that as the loader.  I finally puzzled that out, and I guess for config, I am going to use Windows 2000 or Windows XP.  Nothing is really explained, you see.   And what good does the association do if you still have to go through the right button and wine for loader process>

Besides, does it make a difference where the EMBIRD32 folder goes in there?  Again not clear.

But anyway, I did try to get EMBIRD to load, and it bombed, and this is the message back:

The program EMBIRD.EXE has encountered a serious
problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the
inconvenience

This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficienty in wine.  You may want to cherck http://appdb.winehq.org for tips about running this application.

If the problem is not present under Windows and has not been reported yet, you can report it at http://bugs.winehq.org.

Only thing of note from a few trailing error messages was that it seemed to invollve ntdll.dll.

Now here are a few incidentals.  I am using wine1.2.  U am using Ubuntu 9.04 as host, and the latest version of Sun VirtualBox for VM.  I have Embid32, a.k.a Embird800 working fine under Windows 2000.  Works under WinXP as well, but Embird800 is not the most recent version.  Nobody has specified whitch verson works under what.

I suppose I could open a bug report, but they want me to check appdb first, to see if any hints or previously reported, and I can't get around your system setup at all.  I search, but nothing happend.  I thought about reporting that, but where>  I can't even get into the forums, and if I click on Form Index, notihing happens.  I only got back here by clicking on the links in the email that I got, telling me there was a reply.  It even took me awhile that if I want to reply on line, I had to click on the button at the top of the page, not keep looking for one at the bottom or associated with any message.

You guys do have your own way of doing things, don;t you?  Good way to keep ihe traffic down too, by making it hard to get around or figure out where to go next.  So yes, I think I've been a bit perturbed, here and there, but only occasionally.