[Wine] Trying to Get EMBIRD32 Working Under Wine

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu May 27 16:23:43 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 21:28, oldefoxx <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Having someone like you suddenly pop up and try to take over happens too often.  Embird csn be found online and downloaded and used as a demo.  Help yourself.  Learn what you want to learn.

Stop assuming that people know things that you didn't tell them. Links
also help.

> What I've learned from other posts on the subject is that the installer cannot work under Linux (proved it myself), but there are several reports that
> moving the folder and files under wine does work.  I'm just trying to get to that point here.

You haven't mentioned what you tried / output of how it failed.

Applications tend to need their installers if the installer does the
kind of complicated things that fails under Wine..

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html might be a good read...

> Seems you haven't tried, haven't seen any of this yourself, and don't know how.  All you can do is find fault with my way of doing things.  Well, as it happens, my way falls under the category of networking, and it can be very handy at times.  When people share, we can make more progress than when one just decides that he wants others to do it his way.

It looked as if you didn't read any of the documentation (the FAQ has
the most important bits)

Gert