[Wine] Dual Display

Andrew McKinnon goodolandy2001 at yahoo.ca
Fri May 28 04:33:00 CDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am currently having a problem with dual display while running a
windows game in full screen which I believe might be a Wine issue.

First my system specs:

ATI Radeon HD 4850 GDDR3 993MHz 512MB <- according to Catalyst Control
Center
Intel Dual Core E2160
Gigabyte Motherboard
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS w/Kernel 2.6.32-22-generic-pae

The problem I am having is when I load up a game in Wine at full screen
mode, my second screen ends up trying to display the game again but in a
very garbled state.  Once I exit the game I get my second screen back.

This problem does not occur when the game is set to windowed mode but
then the game itself doesn't want to run as well either.  Take Warcraft
for example. In windowed mode I get constant video flickering in the
game but when run in full screen mode, no flickering at all, in fact the
game plays almost exactly as it does in Windows.  I wish I could say the
same for Left 4 Dead 2.

Anyways, if anyone has managed to solve this dual display issue, I would
really love to know what you did.

Andrew