[Wine] How do I fix the 'fixme's

trapspringer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 28 15:15:56 CDT 2010

I am trying to install Fallout 1 using wine. When I try to install it I type in:

>  ...$wine _setup.exe

the _setup.exe is to go into the windows installation. When the window pops up it says
that C: drive only has 216 mb
and that the Z: has 170 mb
I should be having 7 to 15 gigs on each of those drives.

I click on exit and the bash shell has 3 fix me errors:

> fixme:d3d_caps:init_driver_info Unhandled vendor 8086.
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ef00,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(640,480)

I tried installing using:

> ...$wine install.exe

But that gives me an error message:

> Not enough memory on exec

If I try clicking on the install file through the window instead of going through the terminal, a terminal window pops up briefly then disappears and does nothing.

How can i fix this?