[Wine] Re: Avoid the Gecko dialogue

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 31 08:00:35 CDT 2010

etwineb wrote:
> Wow, while I find this feature annoying I would never appear angry or ungrateful with the wine team...

oh I'm not, and didn't intend to appear that way... I think everyone knows there is lots of problems with Wine, and its far from a perfect product... but it is of course fantastic overall.  I just think it would be nice if it was designed to only install things that really need to be installed for what your doing, and not throw the kitchen sink at everything.  This is the most annoying problem in Wine to me right now, and its relatively a minor annoyance.  You ought to hear me go on about most other software packages  :-P

Glad that worked for you.. its what I use by default in Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) since without it while troubleshooting or installing something that will never need gecko, I might get the pop up like 20 times... and making the wrappers small is a good thing...