[Wine] e-sword under a tiling WM

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 4 10:23:21 CDT 2010

ngoonee <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>vitamin wrote:
>>
>> ngoonee wrote:
>> > Well, why does my WM know about other wine apps but not e-sword?
>>
>> Popup, tooltip, and like windows (most windows without caption) are created as unmanaged. It all depends on what kind of
>> windows program is using.
>

>I don't think e-Sword is an unmanaged window. It has a caption, and the windows is permanent (not transitory). The program
>itself is free to use, though installation needs a few dlls set to native.

What dlls are you setting to native?  Please update the applications database entry with this information.  At the present time, the only dll that I know of that has to be set to native is riched20.

>Would you be so kind as to test it out (if possible)? Or tell me how I can find out what sort of window esword is
>producing (xprop?).

It should be producing the same window type as all of the remaining Wine windows.  There is no 'magic' used with e-Sword and I know what language it was written in, but I am not allowed to discuss this information.

What EXACTLY is the problem with e-Sword as I am the applications database entry maintainer?  Is some function not working or is the program not displaying correctly?

And what Windows Manager are you using?  I run the program on MacOSX and FC with Gnome without windowing problems.

James McKenzie