[Wine] 2 problems with wine...Full Tilt and Guitar Pro/Power Tab

alkaline388 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 4 16:26:56 CDT 2010

Alright here we go.

When I start up my computer and open Full Tilt, it works fine for about 15 minutes. After about 15 minutes, the sound stops working, and then a little after that, the program crashes all together. If I try to open it up after I force quit it, the fonts all get messed up, the sound still doesn't work, and everything is just a mess. What can I do to get Full Tilt to stop crashing? Another slight problem I have is that there's a certain freeroll I try to play when I can. In order to register for it, you have to click a link in the lobby, which opens up a Firefox window so you can register for it. Nothing happens when I click the link though. Is there anyway I can get the window to open when I click the link? It's annoying having to register on my Windows laptop.

As for Guitar Pro/Power Tab...I got them working fine except the sound doesn't work at all. My friend had me install various MIDI programs like Timidity, but I still can't get the sound to play for these programs. Any help on this?

I'm pretty new to Linux, so a step by step explanation would be much appreciated =P