[Wine] Vertical text problem in 3D Home Architect 2.1

williamh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 4 17:50:01 CDT 2010

OS Ubuntu 10.04
Wine 1.2
Hi:.  I am pretty much a complete newbie to Wine.

I have a somewhat old version, 2.1,  of 3D Home Architect.  (after Windows 95 but before Windows 98)

I tried to install but got the message

        This setup program does not support Windows 3.1.x

I copied over a successful install.   I was able to get the program to
run but there are two issues.

    Occasionally the mouse cannot be used to switch tools
   using the icons.  I can still use the menus.

   Vertical text is not displayed, Instead I get a black box.
   This is a show stopper.

Note this version is rated platinum under Wine 0.9.58
No install problems were mentioned