[Wine] Re: Proxy/Auth Problem?

benign wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 5 10:37:33 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> benign wrote:
> > If I set rasapi32 to native only (i copied it from windows) then running the program asks for rasman.dll, so I move that over and then I get this:
>
> Native RAS can't work on Wine. It requires some kernel support that Wine doesn't implement.

Thanks for the tip. So I am in the wrong path with setting RAS to native... does this mean that this ultimately mean the application won't be able to work in wine or is there not enough information so far to make that conclusion?

The program communicates with a back-end database I believe, and it seems to set up it's own proxy server in some fashion, which it communicates with before the information is passed on to the external servers over the internet over port 80.