[Wine] Runtime linking in Wine

Justin crynax at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 12:09:36 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Does Wine support application configuration files (.confg)? Or is there a better
solution for my problem? I'm attempting to deploy a third-party application in a
Linux server environment. Without X, winetricks and vcredist.exe won't execute
successfully, even with the quiet option (/q). So I'm attempting to deploy with
msvcr80.dll and Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest in the same directory with foo.exe,
foo.exe.manifest, and foo.exe.config. I followed "workaround #2" at this
reference.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nikolad/archive/2007/03/29/a-solution-to-two-references-to-different-versions-of-crt-mfc-atl-in-one-application-manifest-file.aspx

Unfortunately, I'm still getting these error messages:

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest:
8.0.50608.0 / 8.0.50727.4053
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest
L"C:\\casample\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest"

I'm using Wine 1.3.6 on CentOS 5.5 from RPMForge testing (would be nice to add
this repository to WineHQ's download webpage since Fedora EPEL has only Wine
1.0.1).

Thanks for any help,
Justin