[Wine] Problem with winecfg on new machine

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 6 21:52:18 CDT 2010

I must be missing something.  SimCity4 insists on having the play disk in the CD drive and claims it can't see it.

I did a full install from the drive and it saw it fine until it came time to run the program.  As soon as the .exe started to load, it claimed it could not see the drive.

The drive just happens to be a blu-ray dvdrw, but Linux has one of its personalities as /dev/cdrom linked to /dev/sr0.

I have tried configuring both of these at different times, and no soap.  I have even told the configuration that this is a CD-ROM.

O/S Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit. Wine 1.3.6
No console messages from winecfg.