[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64 and building wine

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 9 11:58:20 CST 2010

I hand a smash up with the graphics on 10.04 and couldn't proceed any further in a 32-bit environment for a while, so I reloaded that partition with 10.10 AMD64.  However, on my working side with 10.10 AMD64 I did, as you will note above, get a successful compile of wine (32-bit) and I was able to manually configure the DVD as a CD for wine, and start the program.

So, the position now is waiting to hear more from AMD about their chip set which looks like this to lshw:
[code]
id:	display
product: 	760G [Radeon 3000]
vendor: 	ATI Technologies Inc
physical id:
5
bus info:
pci at 0000:01:05.0
version: 	00
width: 	32 bits
clock: 	33MHz
capabilities: 	pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration:
driver	=	fglrx_pci
latency	=	0
resources:
irq	:	18
memory	:	d0000000-dfffffff
ioport	:	ee00(size=256)
memory	:	fdfe0000-fdfeffff
memory	:	fde00000-fdefffff[/code]

I have sent them an e-mail asking for a work around to discontinue the HD side of the controller.  With Simcity 4, I get a screen and a half of pretty colored lines, and a system lock that requires a set of sysrq commands to even get a safe boot.

I don't think this is a wine problem, but I will try to keep everyone informed.