[Wine] Problem accessing sound card - WDM support needed

rjmusto wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 9 14:48:47 CST 2010

Hi,
Firstly, Wine is great.  Am running Wine 1.0.1 and Ubuntu 9.10.

I have a bunch of Windows programmes running nicely, but one has go me stuck - no expert I'm afraid.

It is called Voice Shaper and is a speech processing utility for Ham Radio. It wants to access the sound card directly via WDM and this bit doesn't work.
It does not see any sound card at all.  (Other Win apps I have do work fine through the sound card.)

I'm guess it's this 'direct access' bit that is the problem. Is there a work around or fix for this?

Many thanks,
Ralph