[Wine] Multisim not installing

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Nov 13 15:26:17 CST 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 14:36 -0600, F_style wrote:
> How can I solve this problem? In the appdb it's said I have to
> copy/import some registries, but I'm total noob in Regedit. Also I
> don't get what does this means: "replace the update executable with a
> dummy one [just `int main(){return 0;}]. ".

Its a minimal do-nothing C program. To make the dummy, do this but
replace DUMMY with the name of the update program it replaces:

1) create a file called DUMMY.c with your text editor. It should contain
the single line:

int main(){return 0;}

2) compile it with the command:

cc DUMMY.c -o DUMMY

which will generate an executable file called DUMMY which does
absolutely nothing when run.

3) Replace the update executable with it and re-run. If the executable's
name is DUMMY.EXE, rename DUMMY to DUMMY.EXE when you replace the update
executable.

Martin