[Wine] Re: winedbg (w. gdb) and Eclipse (3.6)

johnrl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 14 04:01:32 CST 2010

vitamin wrote:

> johnrl wrote:
> > - gdb debugger: winedbg --gdb
>
> This been broken for years - don't use it. Just directly use gdb on loader. It won't give you everything that winedbg can understand, but much better then nothing.

If I use gdb on the loader breakpoints doesn't work. When I start the session gdb will break at main.c (I can see argc variables etc in the variables window) but Eclipse shows the _wrong_ main.c file in the debu view - it's as if thinks gdb breaked in the main.c file of acledit because thats the file Eclipse fires up when gdb breaks. As mentioned earlier I can single step and everything but it's of no use because I cannot see where I am except for the "main() at main.c:193 0x.." line.
What am I doing wrong?