[Wine] Re: Office 2007: can't run vb code from Access (and Excel)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 16 08:33:54 CST 2010

Francois wrote:
> Hi,
> My config:
>
> Debian squeeze
> Linux 2.6.32-5-686
> Dell Latitude E4300
> Wine version 1-1-42

That version is old. Upgrade to the latest development release.

> Winecfg gives for the libraries
> *gdiplus (native)
> *msvcr80 (native, intégrée)
> *msxml3, 4, 6 (native, intégrée)

You shouldn't need any of these for Office 2007.

> My problem is that I can't open existing modules in MS-Access. Nor can I access code in an existing form when open in creation.

Access doesn't work well in plain Wine. If you really need it, try Crossover; they have some hacks to make it work.

> In Excell Macro have error on ligne that work when run on XP.
> For example
>
> Code:
> If Not Intersect(ActiveSheet.Range("A18:A41"), ActiveCell) Is Nothing Then

Retest in current Wine with only the native dlls recommended in the AppDB (usp10 and riched20). If the problem is still there, file a bug.