[Wine] IPX works via wired network, not via wireless

prutser wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 16 12:48:49 CST 2010

Hi All,

I have installed Atomic Bomberman as described here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Atomic_bomberman

When I connect 2 PC's running linux via networkcables and a switch, IPX works perfectly. I start the game on both PC's, set PC A to "Start Network game" via IPX, and PC B to "Join network game". Now PC B can see the game of PC A, connect to it, and then play a game of bomberman. No Problems.

When one of the 2 PC's is connected via wireless LAN, PC B can't see the game of PC A.

Both PC's run arch linux, and the same version of wine and kernel
wine-1.3.7
Linux laptop 2.6.35-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 30 19:57:05 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5670 @ 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I see the following messages on the console:
$ wine BM.EXE
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f2a8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(640,480)
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x13bbb8,0x13bb28): stub
fixme:winsock:is_sockaddr_bound don't know how to tell if IPX socket is bound, assuming it is!

Best regards,
Cedric