[Wine] Re: Installing Wine From A Patched Source

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 16 14:40:32 CST 2010

Skcorps wrote:
> Sorry about the double post, I'm typing this from a blackberry and so the edit button, if there is one, isn't anywhere to be found for some reason.
>
> I left out some information: for one, I'm running the latest version of Snow Leopard; also, I do not have the developer tools that seem to be referenced constantly in order to use the make command, which seems to be my problem. I hear they can be installed through an OSX install CD, but I bought my computer from a store prebuilt. Should I expect that install CD to come with it or do I need to get it from somewhere?

go to apple's website and register as a developer (the free registration one) and it'll let you download the latest version of Xcode... this will give you "make" and such... you'll still need more.. to meet Wine's needs.

You can look at using http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder/ that helps in all that....

If you use Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) to make finished Mac style Apps to run, I have ways set up to custom build Wine from source for it too... in the Wineskin 2.0 beta, its all GUI set up and compile/install, and builds it set up ready for a Wineskin wrapper... but you'll still need Xcode installed.