[Wine] Re: CRITICAL_SECTION hang my application

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 20 11:24:29 CST 2010

SteelRat wrote:
> So I decided to use critical section. When main thread tries to add text, the text adds perfectly, but when the second thread tries to add text - it hangs my app :( .

Don't use crit sections with anything GUI related. It's all serialized via message queues.

If something doesn't work when using SendMessage() then you either doing something wrong, or it's a bug in Wine. In first case - check if it works on Windows. And if it does - file bug in bugzilla. Also note that Wine's implementation of RichEdit is still pretty weak and does have significant issues.