[Wine] a simple board game becomes slow when using wine 1.2

Loki_4wd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 23 12:49:35 CST 2010

There's an extremely simple board game called Sliding blocks:
http://takegame.com/logical/htm/slidingblocks.htm

It runs perfectly with wine <= 1.0. After upgrading to wine 1.2 the game became very-very-very-very slow. It took about 2 seconds to react on every mouse click!!!

After downgrading to 1.0 everything went back to normal.

I wonder what the problem could be?

I will need to upgrade sooner or later, but my wife just can't live without that particular version of that game :) Please help!

My system is:
Linux Mint 9 (based on Ubuntu 10.04)
Athlon 64 3200+
1.5 Gb RAM
GeForce 6600
OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA195.36.24