[Wine] explorer /desktop and Wine 1.3.0+

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 25 18:06:30 CST 2010

did something change a lot in Wine 1.3.0+ with explorer /desktop option?

I've noticed, and finally tracked it down to this... that if I launch wine using the explorer /desktop option, when I end the program that was launched, the wine and wineserver processes keep running and I have to manually kill them to get rid of them... they will not shut down.  If I do not use explorer /desktop to make a virtual desktop, and instead just change it in the registry (or winecfg) then it seems to work just fine.  It also works just fine on Wine 1.2.1 and older.

I've only seen and reproduced this on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6

has anyone else noticed this?  is it actually a bug, or was something changed on purpose that might have lead to this happening...?