[Wine] Civilization V

styleruk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 26 04:14:09 CST 2010

I have it running on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit, however, to run the game I have to launch it from the steam app and I have to press play a dozen times or so (seems random), before it jumps into life.  When you press play, a box pops up with the two direct x options, I always choose 9, I do this cycle loads of times before it starts.  Sometimes 30 times or so.  Anyone?

Also, occasionally, usually after it has crashed, I start it up again and I have no way of saving to disk, the box comes up but is empty.  Strange.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would help.

Regards
Si