[Wine] Re: Problem playing ghost recon ... :(

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 26 04:51:16 CST 2010

ghostguy wrote:

> For the openGL settings I hope that answers your question ... give me few examples of usual openGL native game i could find on ubuntu please (i'm not really what we could call a pro-gamer and don't even know what games use openGL .. :-s ..) .. and I'll tell you if they work ... but normally that part is ok.

Yeh,

That looks a lot like one of the dodgy chipsets (as in with flakey 3D party drivers). There are massive threads about Intel GMA driver support on the Ubuntu forums... Put it this way - not everyone is too happy!!

Can I suggest (again!! - have trouble reading my previous post) that you try World-of-Padman (yes I even gave you a link to the games ModDB page!!) That game is used for benchmarking OpenGL drivers at phoronix.com (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home).

Any other games from this recent benchmark test would do:
Intel Windows vs. Linux GPU Performance Q4'2010 (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_win_linq4&num=1)

Basically if native OpenGL 3D games don't run then Wine isn't going to run any Windows games!

Sorry got to head off to work so can't help any more till later on. :)

Bob