[Wine] installation on another virtual disk -Myst IV

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 10:21:01 CST 2010

isaric <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Yes is the same
>
>I run with
>
>Code:
>$  gksudo wine /media/Myst4_1/setup.exe

Please do not run Wine using any form of sudo.  It messes up file permissions and can leave your system open to vulnerabilities that running as a regular user you would not be exposed to.

>fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x117e914, overlapped 0x117e918): stub
>err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
>wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.
>err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\Fichiers communs\\InstallShield\\Professional\\RunTime\\IsProBE.tlb" failed with error 2
Does this file exist?  This is the reason that I get this error (file missing error.)

>fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
>fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
>err:ole:dispatch_rpc no apartment found for ipid {ffffffff-ffff-ffff-2c00-000029000000}
>err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x80010108

These two errors may or may not be the reason your program is crashing.  man chown tells how to do this.

First, fix the file permissions in your .wine directory and in the program directory so that the user you are using to run the program ARE a NON_PRIVILEGED user.

Second run the program and provide the ENTIRE output.  If output is over three screens in length, capture the output to a logging file and then post it to site like pastebin.com (instructions:  http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log).

James McKenzie