[Wine] Re: Problem installing MSOffice2003 in wine in Ubuntu10.04

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 28 05:29:43 CST 2010

richardpd wrote:

> I use Ubuntu10.04 & latest Wine 1.3.8

Are you sure you have 1.3.8? What does wine --version say? There were regressions in 1.3.5 through 1.3.7, but it should be working now. (Works fine for me.)

What edition (Pro, Standard, etc.) of Office 2003 do you have, and what language?  There have been bugs in the past that affected only non-English versions.

Delete ~/.wine, run the installer from a terminal, and post whatever messages appear.

> I have also tried to install MSOffice2003 in PlayonLinux

Not supported here; this forum is for plain Wine.