[Wine] Re: Problem installing MSOffice2003 in wine in Ubuntu10.04

richardpd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 28 06:47:42 CST 2010

Hi again

Well -very strange-no matter what I have tried I cannot get Wine1.3.8 to install.
I have followed instructions from here http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

richard at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install wine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
wine is already the newest version.
  mesa-utils libslang2-dev libaudiofile-dev libspeex-dev libsdl-mixer1.2
  libflac-dev libmikmod2 libesd0-dev libmikmod2-dev libpulse-dev
  libsdl-sound1.2 libsmpeg0
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
richard at ubuntu:~$ wine --version
wine-1.3.7

No Wine 1.3.8 ???

Can you help me please? Thanks again!