[Wine] Stratosphere - Conquest of the Skies game blacks out screen.

Buckwheat469 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 28 22:59:36 CST 2010

Stratosphere is an old game for Windows 95-98. When played in Wine it will act like it's starting up, then completely blank out the primary screen. The secondary screen will stay open and I can press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and kill the Stratos.exe task, which recovers the screen.

I also attempted to run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP and Vista, but the mouse is very sensitive in the game, making it unusable since the menus can't be navigated. This could help in understanding the very old driver adapters this game has.

I don't know what I'm asking, mainly that I liked the game and would like to play it once more. Is there any way to make Stratosphere work again? If not, maybe I can use the idea to build a new version.

Thanks.