[Wine] Windows Media Player Crashes

osearcy4 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 30 02:11:27 CST 2010

I installed windows media player 9 with winetricks.
It worked but no sound.
I tried downloading and installing WMP10 and now it will briefly open like 2 secs and then disappear. It does this every time i try to open.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMP9 but it also does this open and crash now.

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and was using wine 1.3 but went back to 1.2 thinking that may have caused the issue.

Any one have any ideas...

Reason I'm trying to use WMP is to play blu ray files, not the disc but files .mkv, i tried many other programs like gnome and vlc but they all play really choppy and freeze sometimes when i'm watching 1080p movies.

Any ideas on that?