[Wine] Multiple Instances of Diablo 2

blawa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 30 07:00:17 CST 2010

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to run multiple Diablo 2 Windows with 1 user.
Thats what i managed to do until now:
if I use export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine2 and then run a copied d2, it works to join bnet twice, but when both are in the same game, 1 will get a Timeout.

So i tried to find a sloution (and found one):
I made another user (called "d21") and installed D2 into his personal .wine folder.
Now when I can have both accounts in the same game without getting a timeout, but i have to switch between the users all the time.

So i thought i could start a console with my first account ("blawa") and use:
sudo -u d21 -i
So after i auth, I'm into d21's personal folder in that console.
But now when i try to use wine with D2.exe, I get the following Errors:

Code:

No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub

d21 at blawa-laptop:~$ Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x73440804 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001d, blocked by 001b, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x6ffa6ea4 "?" wait timed out in thread 001b, blocked by 001d, retrying (60 sec)

d21 at blawa-laptop:~$
d21 at blawa-laptop:~$ wine: Critical section 73440804 wait failed at address 0x733cf80f (thread 001d), starting debugger...
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Unhandled exception: wait failed on critical section 0x73440804 loader_section
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x733cf80f
Process of pid=001a has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
	00000014    0
	00000010    0
	0000000f    0
00000011 winedevice.exe
	00000017    0
	00000016    0
	00000013    0
	00000012    0
00000018 explorer.exe
	00000019    0
You must be attached to a process to run this command.
No process loaded, cannot execute 'detach'

Now, can someone tell me what exactly this error means, and if there is a way to fix that?
To me, it looks like wine wants me to start a 2nd X-Server so that he has a Window-Manager. But isn't there a way to pass the X-Server from my first account to the console where the 2nd account is logged in?

I hope someone can help me,
blawa