[Wine] Need help running Skype for windows

rolandixor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 30 10:48:56 CST 2010

Hi,

I need to run Skype for windows (just chat features) to make it possible to contact other Battleswarm GMs. I can't use the linux client because it crashes the entire xserver. The windows client works until I login. Furthermore at this point, I get no useful output when I run it from the command line. Does anyone know of any workarounds/dll's I may need to get it working? I just need to chat, so video/audio etc I don't care about.

If it won't work, I'll just use something else.