[Wine] Dragon Age driving me insane!

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 1 08:12:12 CDT 2010

Hello,

I read with disbelief on the Dragon Age wine appdb page that people actually have working dlc in Dragon Age Origins. This flies in the face of absolutely everything I've seen in my experience with the game. I've installed via Steam, installed the prerequisite windows crap through winetricks (dotnet30, physx, vcrun6, vcrun2005 vcrun2008, and everything else). I've manually installed the daupdater service and started it, I've downloaded and manually installed the DLC that I've bought and paid for. (Warden's Keep, Return to Ostager) and everything else possible aside from running it on windows.

When I run the game, none of my paid DLC is authorized, and thus, not possible to play. Please tell me people. How is it possible that some of you are getting working DLC in game but no matter what I do, I can't? If you've had to compile wine with some special patches, I will gladly do the same, just point me to them.

I'm running Ubuntu maverick 64 bit, with an AMD 6000+ cpu and the steam version of Dragon Age. I've tried everything from new wine profiles to downloading the game from scratch (legit, via steam). Resolving this problem is key to maintaining my sanity. Any replies, hints, tricks, more than welcome.