[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 1 10:12:46 CDT 2010

F_style wrote:

> The purpose of all those Winetricks packages is to make Wine work just like it used to work with Wine Doors before its disappearance. Wine Doors downloaded and installed all or most of those packages, and my Windows apps, such as DBabble, worked without problems. That's what I know about it.

WineDoors was not affiliated in any way with WineHQ, and whatever it did before it was abandoned is not supported here.

Do not install any winetricks unless you know for a fact that they are needed by your app to run, and that means you know exactly what problem each one fixes. Clearly you don't, so don't install any.

The installer for your app. If you have more than one, pick one to start with. Run it in a clean wineprefix: no winetricks, nothing else installed. If there are problems, post console output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log