[Wine] Re: Trouble installing packages with Winetricks

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 1 19:54:42 CDT 2010

F_style wrote:

> Re-formulating the question, what I want to know is which libraries/packages from the list I need to install in order to have a good Wine config that provides a standard Windows emulation which makes my apps and many others to work.

Rephrasing the question is not going to change the answer: install only the native dlls that the apps you want to run need. What those are depends on what apps you want to run. Many apps run fine without any tweaking whatsoever, and adding unnecessary overrides can prevent them from working. The load of garbage you've tried to install is probably the reason you're having problems with regedit.

Have you even tried to install any of your apps in a clean wineprefix?

Check the AppDB for any howtos for the apps you want to install. If there are none, post console output and we can try and help you figure out what native dlls might be needed. If you are unwilling to do that, there's nothing we can do to help you.