[Wine] Re: Dragon Age driving me insane!

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 2 08:45:56 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> thorin wrote:
> > One thing that's worth mentioning is that the service, daupdatersvc that's meant to be running in the background, never really starts properly. It starts then almost immediately disappears from my task manager. I'm pretty sure that's not what it's meant to be doing, so any suggestions regarding that?
>
> Wine version? Graphics card/drivers? Terminal output?

Wine version is 1.3.4, graphics drivers, not sure of the relevance, but who knows..256.53 from the ubuntu channels, and terminal output just says the service was started successfully. I've got dotnet 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 installed via winetricks, and vcrun6, vcrun2005, vcrun2008 and physx installed as well, also via winetricks. Before I installed the vcruntimes, the result was the same, nothing showing up in dlc and my content not working, and obviously dotnet is needed to run the service.

When stopping the service via the terminal, I do get this line.
Code:
fixme:service:EnumDependentServicesW 0x124a70 0x00000001 (nil) 0x00000000 0x32ed6c 0x32ed68 - stub

Thanks for all your help so far, people.