[Wine] Re: Help running Lords of the Realm 2 in AMD64

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 2 16:25:32 CDT 2010

Envite wrote:
> I'm launching it right from the proper folder. I've tried too using the installed Menu entry, with the same results.
>
> There is no start.exe in that folder.
>
> Thanks

I meant start.exe that is part of wine...

wine start /unix /path/to/the/game/lords2.exe

not sure that will help in your situation... but it does launch the game fine for me.

The only other thing I can think of from your errors is that its having a problem with your graphics drivers... have you run the game in a virtual desktop?  Does your X server handle scaling the bit depth?  The game wants 8bpp, but it will run with 16bpp with a warning when a game starts... if your X server is only set up to handle 32bpp, then the game cannot run.