[Wine] Re: steam games not running

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 3 05:57:32 CDT 2010

I don't know how much impact it can have in this case, but I believe the recommended approach is to start wine after cd to the steam.exe folder

On the other hand, the messages that look more suspicious are the ones regarding Direct3D:

> err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
> err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.

It seems something in your driver or X11 might be mis-configured.