[Wine] Re: Office 2010 German "error install language unsupported&

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 3 09:20:14 CDT 2010

scenox wrote:
> No, same error. Maybe it's also a bug?

Are you installing this from a cd, or did you manually extract the setup.exe file from a downloaded installer?

The reason I ask is because I get the same error message from the English trial version if I manually extract the files and try to run setup.exe directly, but don't if I just run the downloaded installer and let it do the extracting. From what I can find out from googling, one of the causes of that error message in Windows is improper extraction of the language packs by third party extractors. The solution is to let the installer extract them (as it's supposed to). So if your setup.exe has been manually extracted, it's not a Wine bug.