[Wine] ASIO audio drivers for WINE?

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:53:41 CDT 2010

Hey Vitamin,

> They are developed separately from Wine and won't be merged into Wine because of the license restrictions.

Would there still be license restrictions if wineASIO did not require
the Steinberg ASIO SDK???

I know FST doesn't infringe and is licensed under the GPL.

I think it is too bad that WineASIO isn't maintained within Wine.
After all, ASIO is THE low-latency driver for windows, and supports
thousands of peices of software...many of which run nicely in wine (as
it isn't like gaming where you lose 15% fps, many ASIO enabled
applications run perfectly).

jordan